Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Farm Dog #2

Alrighty, I have a few more of our farm dogs to share with you :) This next one is Dora. Dora is the farm dog that is located at my parent's farm. I bought Dora when I was in 7th grade! She turned 12 in April. I posted a "funny" picture of her, because as you see, she only has three legs. Well, she has four if you count the one that I drew in for her ;)

Dora was actually born with four legs. She was a great swimmer, and she could run so fast that she used to be able to keep up with us on the golf cart. Dora used to be great at catching rodents, birds, and she kept any kind of stray animal off of our property. When I moved away for college my freshman year, I received a phone call from my brother that Dora had gotten ran over. The first thing I thought was, great, my dog is dead on my first day away from the farm. But, Dora was lucky. She had NO broken bones and NO torn muscles. She was just sore. She babied her leg for so long that she lost all her muscles in her leg. So, she just hopped around and drug her gimped leg everywhere. THEN, I moved again. Of course, after a month of being settled in, the vet calls me. She says," Hi, is this Abbey?" I was kind of curious to why they were calling me, so I went with it. Her next sentence, "Dora is all out of surgery now. You can come get her tomorrow morning. She is going to be doing a lot better now with that leg off..." WHAT?! I hung up and called my dad, because nobody wanted to inform me that they were amputating my dogs leg. Let's just say, I am happy she was out of pain by getting it taken off, but man, someone could have at least gave me a heads up that it was going to happen!




No comments:

Post a Comment