Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Lambing


Okay, like I said in the previous post about my lamb, Daisy, I am doing this kind of backwards. So, last spring was our first time trying out our sheep farm. We purchased 40 ewes last September, and they had their lambs in the spring. It was probably one of the cutest, best springs I have every experienced. I loved the adrenaline rush of all the babies coming! We would go from one or two ewes having babies a day to seven or eight ewes having babies a day! There was a lot of preparation before the lambs arrived and we needed to make sure that we were organized. We needed to mark all the lambs with numbers, so if they were to escape from the pen where their mother is located, it would be simple to put them back together. We also need to ear tag all the girls. The boys are about to go off to the market, while we are keeping all the girls. I loved every second of this moment in the picture below. This was our first lamb of the year, Lucky. (Trust me, I do not name every single lamb. Just the ones I will remember.)





No comments:

Post a Comment