Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Daisy

Welcome back to my page! Okay, I am going to kind of do this in a backwards/out of place order, but I cannot resist to tell you about my baby, Daisy! In the picture below, that is Daisy. Daisy was born from a mother of three. It was her and her two brothers. Daisy's little brother was taken from his mother, because there was not enough milk for Daisy's mother to feed three lambs, so he was adopted by another mother ewe. Unfortunately, Daisy's mother had died the next day from internal bleeding from the triplets and her brother was not able to stay either. Daisy then was taken into the arms of me and my boyfriends wonderful mother. We bottle fed her for 35 days. Every morning, evening, and night. My boyfriends mother let her sleep in the front porch with Yogi (the sheep dog I posted about) so she was able to keep a close eye on her and get her food when she needed it. Daisy was the most house trained lamb I have ever seen. Daisy will continue to live at our farm, and hopefully be a great mother to her future lambs!


No comments:

Post a Comment