Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Farm Dog #3

This is my last farm dog for right now. We never know when someone in the family will bring home another one ;) This is Yogi. Yogi is a pest. Mainly because he is just a little puppy still, but he gets into everything. We bought Yogi, because we thought he would make a good sheep/cattle dog. Well, we were not lucky with that. We should have kept a closer eye on him, but when he was just getting used to the farm, his paw was stepped on by a cow. He did not break any bones, but it did scare him and he was not happy with the cow. So, he is now afraid of the cows and the sheep. When we would all go down to the sheep barn or walk around to check the cattle, he will not come with us. Yogi like to sleep and eat (what puppy doesn't?) He has his own chair in the shop where he spends most hours of the day just hanging out. He loves to play. He has a "brother" named Clyde. Clyde (a Yorkie) and Yogi will run around after each other, stealing each others toys.

One funny event (not so funny to the neighbors) was that Yogi went to the neighbors house and took all of their clean clothes off the clothes line. Their clothes were located all over the yard. We felt bad at the time, and were mad at Yogi, but honestly I thought it was really funny :)


3 comments:

  1. That is too funny! I would also feel real bad for the neighbors, but that is pretty funny for a little pup to do:) Yogi is adorable!!! Curious, what kind of dog is he? I agree, what pup does not like to run around, eat, and take puppy naps. Kind of sounds like the perfect life;)

    That is really too bad regarding the cows. Hopefully, one day he will be able to overcome the fear of the cows. I am looking forward to hearing more about your farm life. I did not grow up on a farm, but have always found it interesting to hear stories of other's experiences on a farm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! As Jill asked what kind of dog is he? It is funny the way you describe him and then looking at the picture he looks so cute and innocent. As you described he seems just like a normal puppy with a wonderful personality. I miss the farm life. We sold our dairy operation last summer and it still breaks my heart. Even though farm life can be difficult in many avenues, it is such a great life experience. Just as Yogi got stepped on, I have been stepped on by cows. Hopefully he will over come his fear one day and still come around them. I am glad that you are posting about farm life and I cannot wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love funny pet stories. Puppies are just great at giving people a good laugh sometimes. I had a dog, Beamer, who was the funniest dog ever. Even when he was being naughty. He would run across the street to the neighbors sometimes, and I would chase after him. He would then turn around and run back to the house before I could catch him. He would then bark at the door until someone let him. Then he would run into his kennel and hide. He knew he was naughty and just wanted to hide from being scolded. Although I would be panting and a little mad, I couldn't help but laugh at how smart he was.

    ReplyDelete