Monday, November 14, 2016

Market time!

So, if you read one of my first posts, we have a lot of cattle on our farm. Yesterday, we sent 40 of them off to market. Sounds easy, right? Stick 40 of them into a trailer and let the driver take off? No! I do not even know why I stick around when the boys are sorting cattle to get them ready for market. All it is is yelling and swearing. I just stand in one stall, and when the boys tell me to let 20 cattle go to a separate stall, I swing the gates open. There was one cow that DID NOT want to go into the barn to get put on the trailer. He ran back and fourth for so long, his snot strings were hanging all the way down to the ground. Then, the process of setting up gates from the other side of the farm, we have to move a group of cows from one end to the yard, to the other side where the barn is located. It defiantly is a huge process, but it was worth it in the end.


1 comment:

  1. I liked reading your blog about cattle, I love cows but yes they can be a lot of work and a pain in the butt when they don't want to do something.

    ReplyDelete