Monday, November 14, 2016

Got my buck!

I decided to take a break from school, and go home for the last day of deer hunting. Dad and I went out early in the morning, and around 7:00 I had a small buck come across the field. I told my dad that morning that I was going to shoot the first thing that came across my stand. I shot from about 45-50 yards away. He nose dived into the woods, so I sat in my stand and thought "Did I hit it?" After 20 minutes of being anxious and questioning myself, I walked over to the side of the woods where he went in, maybe thinking I would find a blood track. My dad and I found one blood drop and we could not find anymore. We walked about 10 yards into the woods, and my dad and I nearly tripped over my deer from not looking up. I was nice to finally shoot one again after two years! He defiantly is not one to brag about nor will I get a lot of meat from him, but I was more proud that I was able to shoot from such a far distance!


1 comment:

  1. Nice job! I missed me deer and then after that I didn't see anything so that was a bummer but my husbands family got 5 so we are good on meat.

    ReplyDelete